I have curated foods and created delicious recipes containing these naturally occurring wonder chemicals …
1. Tryptophan is an essential amino acid that plays a leading role in sleep, appetite and impulse control. Also, the production of Seratonin, known as The Happy Hormone is dependent on the availability of Tryptophan which the body can not produce on its own.
2. Magnesium can improve sleep and reduce anxiety
3. Antioxidants reduce inflammation which has been linked to depression
4. Phytonutrients which help protect the brain from the impacts of stress
5. Omega 3 Fatty Acids reduce inflammation, improve digestion, support liver function, reduce obesity, protect the liver, support reproduction and the immune and nervous systems AND have anti-aging qualities! Yes Please!
6. Selenium rich foods help reduce inflammation, including these foods can improve brain communication and neurotransmitter functioning associated with mood, memory, and emotions.
7. Probiotics to stimulate the feel good hormones serotonin and dopamine